Grenier Avocats regularly intervenes in product liability litigation (hidden defects, defective products, industrial risks).
A manufacturer-seller or an industrialist may incur liability in the event of damage to persons or property, caused by its products or services as well as during the operation of its activity.
Our firm is regularly commissioned by insurers as well as by policyholders directly in order to provide them with all its experience, both in the pre-litigation phase (setting up of crisis cells: communication, withdrawal and recall of dangerous products) and in litigation phase in order to defend their interests in the event of claims that may take on a serious nature and cause significant damage, particularly on a global scale.
The search for the technical causes at the origin of a disaster is often complex and requires a regular practice of the legal expertise of which the team of the Cabinet is impregnated who works in close collaboration with technical and financial experts.
The claims we deal with on a regular basis are varied and we operate in all sectors of the industry.
These can be industrial accidents of any kind (explosions, fires, leaks, oil spills, collapses, shipwrecks, pollution, nuclear accidents), malfunctions or performance defects of a product or even contamination of agricultural products. -food or pharmaceuticals.
Examples of industrial risks:
● The Firm supports a company that carried out leak tests on litigious tanks intended to receive liquids in a new paint manufacturing plant in the Paris region that was the subject of a judicial expertise.
● Following a serious explosion in a biofuel production plant, the operator of the latter initiated a liability action against the companies involved in the construction and maintenance of this plant. Our firm ensures the defense of the control office which had been entrusted with the mission of determining the zones at risk of explosion.
● The Firm defends the interests of a vehicle manufacturer following an accident likely to call into question the design of a type of vehicle.
● The Firm was commissioned by a manufacturer of cooling equipment as part of a litigation expertise relating to disorders affecting several refrigeration networks of a logistics platform assigned to the mass distribution of food products.
● The firm represents the interests of a company that carried out the initial verification of the electrical installations of a hydraulic turbine of a dam.
● The firm represents the interests of a company which had a project management assistance and environmental assessment mission on land in the context of a dispute opposing it in particular to the owner following the discovery of pollution of the floors.
● During a demolition/reconstruction operation of an office building, a fire broke out during the intervention of several companies (sealing operations/work in hot spots) and caused a work stoppage and significant property damage. The firm defends the Safety and Health Protection Coordinator
● A serious fire occurred on the site of an adhesive tape and coating manufacturer causing the total destruction of certain buildings on the site, equipment and the pollution of the surrounding water. Our Firm defends the auditor of electrical installations.
● The Firm defends a railway maintenance company in the context of legal proceedings initiated following the occurrence of a derailment incident of a freight train on a local railway.