Grenier Avocats advises its clients in the prevention and management of their ethical risks (e.g. corruption, tax evasion, environmental damages, human rights violations…) through audits, the drafting of a code of conduct, risk mapping, the implementation of a whistleblower system, assistance during controls by national and international regulatory authorities such as the French Anticorruption Agency…
FOCUS ON THE COMPREHENSIVE OFFER FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE “SAPIN II” LAW
The firm has developed a comprehensive offer to support medium-sized companies, established in France and abroad, in the implementation of a compliance program in accordance with the provisions of the law n°2016-1691 of the 9th December 2016, also known as the “Sapin II” law, relating to the fight against corruption. We propose a full package offer, available in English, for the setting up within a few months of all measures required in the compliance program. This offer is designed for managers and decision-makers and ensures confidentiality and independence.
After a study of the specific culture of each company, its environment and its activities, the firm offers assistance during key implementation steps of the compliance program. We propose a legal-risks management program for managers and decision-makers and a support to help the company inserting this compliance program in its global strategic plan. We aim at implementing measures that trigger positive competitive and corporate image effects.
The firm assists companies for the implementation of the “Sapin II” law mandatory measures:
• drafting of an anticorruption code considering the specific environment and activity of the company as well as codes and ethics charters already in place;
• recommendations of concrete measures to implement the anticorruption code among the employees;
• establishment and follow-up of a collecting reports system on behaviors contrary to the anticorruption code;
• recommendations of disciplinary sanctions in case of violation of the anti-corruption code (ex: warning, reprimand, suspension, dismissal…);
• training of employees exposed to corruption risks based on specific materials and follow-up to ensure the transfer of knowledge;
• proposing a corruption risks map which can encompass all other risks that the company can face or that is part of the existing risks map;
• assistance for including anticorruption obligations in contractual commitments with suppliers and clients of the company;
• control and internal monitoring of Sapin II measures;
• assistance with internal and external communication as well as in case of crisis management.